Tier 3 Registration and Class Descriptions
The program consists of three independent tiers of six classes each, held bi-weekly. Most sessions include both instruction and interactive activities to promote learning and implementation. Upon completion of each tier, participants receive a Leadership Certificate specific to that tier.
A participant does not have to take Tier 1 sessions prior to taking Tier 2 sessions. Tier 1, 2, and 3 sessions are independent sessions that can be taken in any order.
THE EMERGING LEADER PROGRAM WILL BE AVAILABLE TO CKMN MEMBER COMPANIES AND THEIR EMPLOYEES STARTING IN THE SPRING OF 2022.
Emerging Leaders Tier 3
Classes are from 7:00am - 9:00am
- Today’s business environment presents new and growing challenges forcing organizations to continually increase productivity, improve quality, shorten cycle time and reduce costs. At the same time, the way people work and communicate with one another is changing, creating added stress and complexity. Learn how to recognize the signs of escalating conflict and take appropriate action to minimize damage.
- We all have prejudices that we are not even aware we have. Buried prejudice and biases are surprisingly influential underpinnings to all of the decisions we make, affecting our feelings and, consequently, actions. The phenomenon is called unconscious bias. The concept of unconscious bias or “hidden bias” has come into the forefront because the dynamics of diversity are changing. Primarily, it is very important to understand biases in order to overcome them. Your willingness to examine the filters through which you view and interpret yourself and others is an important step in understanding the roots of stereotypes and prejudice in our society and in our workplaces.
Goal Setting & Employee Engagement
- This course will show the positive effect of shifting the traditional role of planner and evaluator from the leader to a shared responsibility between leader and employee. This shift builds employee ownership and allows the leader to focus on coaching and developing throughout the performance cycle. Leaders will experience how to use effective (SMART) goals to help them and their employees track progress and fairly evaluate outcomes.
High Impact Feedback & Listening
- When sharing feedback is part of an organization’s culture, it is an effective business tool that reaches across all levels. In this course you will learn how to effectively deliver both positive and developmental feedback. Also learn how to be receptive to feedback and how to listen to understand the speaker’s intended message. In the workplace, these skills help you optimize and sustain your own and co-workers’ performance.
Managing Pressure & Maintaining Balance
- Managing projects, meeting deadlines and working with people can put leaders and team members into a pressure cooker of emotions. Learn how to recognize common pressure situations, what emotions are telling us, and the costs of ignoring them. In addition to steps for managing stress, learn the five dimensions of anger, a formula for assertiveness, and how to create an action plan or when to seek help.
- Fewer resources, changing motivations, virtual employees and global workforces are challenges leaders face as they attempt to meet ever-increasing workplace demands. Identify tasks to delegate, select appropriate individuals, assess capabilities and commitment. Plant the delegation discussion including the level of decision-making authority, amount of support and measuring and monitoring the delegation.